Third Stroke

By Majid Naficy


The wind carried us
To an unfamiliar restaurant.
It was Valentine’s Day.
We clinked our glasses together
And got lost in the hubbub of lovers.

The food was not good.
We paid the check
And got up to leave.
You grasped my hand.
Suddenly I heard:
“Hold me! Hold me!”
And you fell into my arms.

Now, after midnight
While I am returning home
From the hospital alone
I see you smiling at me
In all your confusion.
I say: “Third time lucky”
And cry in the wind.

        February 15, 2023    

https://iroon.com/irtn/blog/19120/
 
 

***

لینک‌های اشعار و نوشته های مجید نفیسی

 
 
1 Poem “Third Stroke”
1 Poem “Ah, Kyiv” On the Anniversary of Russian Invasion
پرویز ثابتی بنیانگذار اعترافات تلویزیونی در ایران
انقلاب ژینا, شازده‌خور نخواهد شد
عمامه‌پرانی, آخوندزدایی و محسن کدیور
انتشار کتاب تازه‌ی مجید نفیسی
پیکار در پیکار: من و جنبش چپ 
Majid Naficy in Wikipedia 
Music: Dvorak: Silent Woods, B. 182
The New Yorker Interview: Maria Pevchikh, Putin’s Grand Inquisitor
The New Yorker: Greening the Burial of the Dead, in Brooklyn
The New Yorker: The Threat and the Allure of the Chinese Balloons
The New Yorker: A Double View of the World from Inside Mosques
The New Yorker: Dynamite Persian Food at Eyval
USA Today: 'Stigma is not yet broken.' Lawmakers share stories on mental health with Fetterman hospitalized
Video: Black Mountain College: A Thumbnail Sketch
کوچه: مهرداد حسینی،لباس شخصی مدرسه تهرانسر توسط مردم شناسایی و توسط حکومت فروخته شد!
رادیو فردا: هفت زمستان در تهران: نظام قضایی معیوب در ایران
 
 
 
"And yet it does turn!" Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)