Is Love a Glass of Hormones?
by Majid Naficy


Love was a glass full of wine
That we downed without delay
Whenever we saw each other
But now that a sharp blade
Has severed its vine from the roots
Will this glass of love remain empty?

Will you no longer be able to love me
As you did the first time
You gazed at my eyes
And so warmly pressed me to your chest
That like a single tree in the lightening
I lost all of my leaves
And became completely naked?

Is love dependent on hormones?
Will you be able to keep your soft womanly voice
Whenever you say "I love you"
Or will it turn masculine like my roar?
Will your beautiful body
lose all of its secretive curves
And, like my manly body,
Reduce to a straight column
Holding the burden of a head?
Will our sky from now on
Become empty of sudden showers
And will I no longer be able to drench
With the pouring of your love?

In the empty waiting room
I am overwhelmed with tears
I wish I were next to you
So that I could prove
That love is not bound to hormones.

Am I deceiving myself
Or is there truly something in you
Beyond glands and hormones
That pulls me toward you for life?
Let me glide down that endless hall
And reach your bed without delay.
The first kiss will tell us
That love is immune
To a surgeon's blade.


September 15, 2011

https://iroon.com/irtn/blog/16704/